Saturday, August 12, 2006


Donald: He just earned an A in one of his classes and is awaiting his grade on another he finished this week. Now, he has a break from school until after Labor Day when his studies pick up again. While he has this short recess, he has started running again. He is preparing for the Baltimore half marathon in October so wish him well!

Metiche: You know, I don't think you know just how weird this cat is. For instance, if we start hinting we are on our w
ay into our bedroom, she flies, not runs, but flies over the other side of the bed away from the door. There, she stakes out our feet. All of a sudden, we feel and then see a paw reach out at our feet. It's cute until we feel her pointy teeth digging into our toes. Yup, our cat stakes out and attacks our feet like they are entities separate from our bodies. Weird huh?

Erika: Hmm, not much here other than I quit my job last week. Some of you knew that I didn't plan on staying in the teaching profession, and after a lot of prayer and discussion with Donald, I made the decision to take the leap of faith. I believe that God already has a job for me, and it is just a matter of me meeting that company. I have already applied for three jobs and will continue to do more next week. The one thing I'm nervous about is not having the winter, spring, and summer breaks to visit Texas. I'd love to just do one last visit while I have some time free now, yet, I have to keep in mind that I may need to be interviewed here shortly, thus need to be available. I'll keep you posted about my job search.

Highlights:
-We are getting closer to our downstairs neighbors, Charlie and Christy, who are newly weds, our age, and Christian. Looks like Donald will have a new movie buddy to watch all of those "male movies" and someone to play video games with, whereas I will have a new friend to assist in her first year teaching and go shopping with. Metiche will have a new friend as well... only it will be a large Rottweiler, Abby.

-We got to spend some time with our family, the Thomas'! We went out for Chinese Dim Sum last Sunday. Malin is BEAUTIFUL and loves to smile for the camera, as you can see. If you look closely, you can see Troy in her.

-It's that time again, free outdoor film
festival in Bethesda, Maryland, about 10 minutes from us. We have already seen King Kong and Madagascar. We're looking forward to Batman Begins and Princess Bride, our favorite movie of all time. Each time we go, we take along with us a picnic. It's just so much fun to do regardless of the movie, but seeing King Kong on the second largest blow up screen in the nation is simply icing on the cake.

-Congratulations to Erika's parents, proud owners of a new 2006 extended cab Silverado. If anyone had any doubt that they were true Texans, that has all changed now!

-Erika tricked her friend Carlyn to eat cactus, a wonderful dish called "nopalitos in Spanish". Ah, whatever, she enjoyed the dish. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
I like the last picture best, you both have megawatt smiles. Donald must be thinking of the A in his class, the one he got and the one he will be getting!
No worries about a job for you Erika. Any company will be snatching up a "jewel" with you! I know you trust in the Lord's timing and so do I.
Love you both, will wave when I fly into BWI this coming week. Love, Mom/Pam

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home