Sunday, August 07, 2005


I finished my class on Saturday with a six hour exam, and I ran 9 miles today. So I am too tired to write anything. Good Night. (Fig. Since we don't eat beef at home, I really like to indulge when we go out. Yeah four beef burgers!)








I looked up some more properties this weekend, but since our realtor was out of town, we were really put on hold. However, I got to keep up with my workout schedule and even made some time to scrapbook our college graduation pictures. Kitty of course was not having it. She was being so bad this week. She would sit on my pictures and at one point even ran up to my workstation, hit my ruler that I was using, and ran off! I was a victim of a hit and run!

Anyhow, I was trying to keep out of Donald's way this week while he was studying and taking his last exam. After he finally completed his six hour exam, I thought it would be nice if we celebrated by going out to dinner; he agreed. We had a wonderful evening in Gaithersburg, Maryland (about 15 minutes away). Still, I could tell that his brain was fried. Well, at 3:15am this morning, I hear Donald speak in his sleep! He says out loud to me, "It was helena."
-"What," I asked.
-"It was helena. It had helena."
-"Donald," now raising my voice, "wake up."
-"I am awake," he responds.
-"What are you talking about?!"
-"On the computer, next to my paper, it had helena to keep it together."
-"Uh, what's helena," I ask.
-"It's hard to explain."
-"Well explain it since we're awake now," I complain.
-"It's like tape," he finally says.
-"Donald, wake up," I tell him but all he says is that he is awake.
-"Why are you telling me this," I inquire.
-"I don't know," he shouts back.
Finally we fall back asleep, and in the morning he has no idea as ever having that conversation! I lost like an hour and a half of sleep because I couldn't fall back to sleep, and he doesn't even remember! Then he tells me this morning that he doesn't know what helena is and that he hopes he didn't put it on his exam. (SIGH!)
(Fig. Well, I couldn't let Donald have all the fun with his baby burger sampler from Hamburger Hamlet. For those of you concerned with my diet, I only ate three burgers and barely touched my fries. Still, it was yummy!)

Yeah, I hit her ruler. So what! I was being neglected. Not only have they rationed my food, but they are busy either scrapbooking or testing. Well, I was not having it. The morning of Donald's online exam, I ran around the room crazily! I chewed on the corners of Erika's scrapbook pages. Yeah, I'm the queen of this house, and they need to be reminded. (Fig. I had to resort to scrounging around in the wastebasket for food.)


Quick highlights:
-Erika's uncle Arnold and Zuly (also from Colombia) welcomed a baby boy to our family this week.
-Erika spoke with her matron of honor, Lynn Martinez, and Lynn's husband, Roel Martinez, from Austin, Texas this weekend. That was a treat for her.
-Pam Brown has graciously given Erika another pass for her to visit her family this week before she starts work in a couple of weeks. Thanks Mom!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Donald you look so skinny!!! You never sent me a pic... nice budder. Erika you look hot in that red shirt. I have such a sexy sister! I love the blog. You should check out my page I think you got it when I left this comment. If you didn't jus let me know I'll get it to you. Well i was thinking maybe this coming weekend i could come and visit... jus a thought. I miss and love you both!!!
*muah*

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

I have been trying to get into this page but i ha misplaced your address.
Your sista is right!! you guys look hot!!! keep it up. Your hard workouts are paying off.

Hey I have been without a "well working" cell phone for a while. I keep telling myself to order one to no avail. I just don't make the time. The night I called you was the last time it "worked". I called you to ask you if you would be interested in doing what I did in your wedding...read an excerpt from the bible. It would be nice if you agreed
Been working coaching football (like I know anything about it), coaching golf and of course counseling. I have to wake up at 5:00 a m to start my day. I don't get home 'til about 6:30 in the evening.....anything to pay for the wedding expenses.
If it's at all possible, please send me your e-mail addresses. Maybe we could keep in touch that way more often.

I LOVE TO SEE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING FUN!!!!! I LOVE THE PLACES, THE PEOPLE, THE CAT, THE SOFA, THE FOOD, THE EVERYTHING YOU GUYS ARE DOING. NUNCA ME CANSARE DE DECIRLES LO ORGULLOSO QUE ESTOY DE USTEDES........LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home